A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business or finance, or closely related field. MBA or CPA a plus.
Seven years of progressively responsible management experience in at least three or more of the key functional areas of responsibility, preferably in a credit union, banking or financial transactions environment. Experience working in a credit union operations environment preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Credit union policies, procedures and laws; rules, regulations, and best practices applicable to the functional areas assigned, including GAAP, credit union regulatory (NCUA and Washington State) accounting and organizational control and compliance practices.
- Accounting software, core processor and other credit union IT software and systems; Microsoft Office. The principles, activities and best practices of setting up and administering general ledger accounting systems and financial report generation.
- Accounting processes: prepaids, expense accruals, asset depreciation; investments management & accruals; financial reporting including balance sheets & income statements; NCUA 5300.
- Principles and practices of budget development and administration, financial analysis and variance reporting; credit union records management, vendor management.
- Lead, manage, motivate, and inspire employees and to plan, organize, direct, supervise, and evaluate staff.
- Interpret and apply laws, rules, and regulations concerning areas of responsibility.
- Manage vendor relationships; solicit RFP’s, negotiate and administer complex contracts.
- Synthesize and analyze information from trends and best practices to make recommendations for system or procedure upgrades and improvements that effectively balance benefit to members and employees, cost, and impact on the organization.
- Effectively use automated financial transaction, customer loyalty and accounting systems.
- Prepare clear and concise written and oral reports, both narrative and financial.
- Communicate respectfully and effectively in large and small groups and one-on-one, with employees, vendors and members.
- Interact respectfully with all levels in the organization and members so that all feel valued without regard to their individual status or position in the hierarchy. Is a significant contributor to a healthy, positive and productive work environment.
- Is a standard bearer for the best interests of the credit union in all interactions and effectively represents the credit union as an ambassador to the board, to members and to the community.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
We offer a compensation package that includes a competitive salary and benefits. Full benefits package includes personal health insurance, dental insurance, vision, 401K, paid holidays, sick leave, and a generous vacation policy.
HOW TO APPLY:
We look forward to reviewing your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements at VPSearch@SnoCope.org. Please specify in your cover letter the site, organization or person from whom you learned of this position. Qualified candidates will receive additional application information.Go to main navigation