Seeking Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee Members
SnoCope Credit Union is looking for volunteers for our Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee Members. If you are interested in serving, you are invited to apply.
To apply, complete the following:
- A Volunteer Application
- A Volunteer Agreement
- Code of Ethics Statement
To download each of these forms click here.
Mail your information to:
SnoCope Nominating Committtee
P.O. Box 720
Everett, WA 98206
Or email by clicking here
The Board of Directors
The Current Board of Directors are:
- Shelia Postle – Board Chair
- John Billen – Vice Chair
- Steve Torrence – Treasurer
- Peter Rudolf – Secretary
- Daniel Thompson – Member
- Jeff Craig – Member
- Leila Bettys – Member
The Supervisory Committee
The current Supervisory Committee Members are:
- Jack Hake – Chairperson
- Polagaya McLaughline Fine – Vice Chairperson
- Alex Pena – Member – Secretary
- Sean Kipina – Member
- Bob Mueller – Member
- Chris Leavines – Member
SnoCope's Board of Directors is comprised of 7 board members and 5 Supervisory Committee members each of whom serves a 3 year term. Terms are staggered to assure continuity of leadership. Both groups are elected in accordance with the credit union's Bylaws.
The Board determines strategic direction, and is responsible for financial safety and soundness of the organization and ensures that the Policies and Procedures established are maintained in accordance with applicable law and regulations, and that the Credit Union remains in compliance with both.
The Board is currently meeting once a month on the third Tuesday in-person and virtually via GotoMeeting from 5:30 - 6:30 PM.
As a member of the Board of Directors, participants are involved in the Annual Strategic Plan, the Annual Budget and define the Mission and Vision Statements. The Board Director also ensures that the guiding principles are followed by all volunteers and staff.
Supervisory Committee Purpose
The Supervisory Committee is the auditing entity of the Credit Union are specifically responsible to; review internal controls and procedures, perform account verification, and initiate the annual audit from a local CPA firm. The Credit Union’s Supervisory Committee assists the Board of Directors in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities for the following:
- The integrity of the Credit Union’s financial statements;
- The qualifications and independence of the internal audit function; and
- The performance of the Credit Union’s independent audit function and to supervise any independent auditors.
The Supervisory Committee is currently meeting both in-person at the Credit Union and virtually via GotoMeeting from 12:00 – 1:00 PM, once a month, on the second Tuesday.
Qualifications for the Board & the Supervisory Committee
Looking for Volunteers with:
- Possess governance experience and/or strategic competencies pertinent to the Credit Union's future.
- Meet the requirements contained in the Credit Union's bylaws:
- Be a member of the Credit Union at the time of being nominated for office.
- Satisfy any bonding requirements of the Credit Union.
- Agree to the terms of the Credit Union's Code of Ethics Policy
- Not be related to an employee at the Credit Union.
- Be eligible to vote in Credit Union elections and at membership meetings.
- Not be employed by the Credit Union or any subsidiary during the past two (2) years.
- Be a resident of Washington State.
- Be willing to accept the responsibilities of office.
- Be able and willing to act independently and objectively.
- Attend 12 monthly meetings of the Credit Union.
- Attend the annual Strategic Planning session, the DFI/DCU exam and outside audit exit reviews.
- Set the par value of shares and minimum of shares required for membership in the Credit Union.
- Designate the Principal Operating Officer who will act as President/CEO.
- Declare monthly dividends on shares and set the rate of interest on deposits etc.