Member Service Representative
SnoCope Credit Union has an opening for a Member Service Representative in our Everett location. This position is focused on building relationships with members to create a great experience and have a positive impact on their lives. As a Member Service Representative, you will process transactions, open new accounts, educate members, and use your experience and expertise to create value in every interaction. While daily branch operations will account for most of your time, you will have plenty of chances to be involved in special projects as we continue to grow. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves to learn, thrives on exceeding expectations, and wants to work in a team environment and grow professionally.
WHO WE ARE:
SnoCope Credit Union is a growing, local, financial cooperative located in Everett, WA. Established in 1959, SnoCope originated to serve the financial needs of city and government employees in Snohomish County. Today, at $74 million in assets and serving over 6200 members, we have grown to include a membership that extends across the state.
We have a great team, enjoy working together, and are excellent at taking care of our members. We take pride in our service, and are known for our relaxed but professional work environment that is welcoming to both members and employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payments, and shared branching transactions.
- Research and respond to inquiries by members in branch and over the phone; answer online banking questions, discuss account history and account features, respond to rate inquiries, and resolve other member needs.
- Open new accounts for walk-in traffic and through various digital channels. Cross-sell appropriate products and services that will benefit members and deepen the member relationship.
- Participate in SnoCope promotional and good-will activities in the community to help organization achieve outreach and service goals.
- Follow all credit union policies and procedures. Complete daily, weekly and monthly audits. Complete currency logs and required forms.
- Take an active role in identifying potential process improvements to increase operational efficiency.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be customer service oriented; have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft office suite knowledge, especially Word and Excel.
- Preferred knowledge of various federal regulations including Bank Secrecy Act, Right to Financial Privacy Act and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
Good English speaking and writing skills. Bilingual is a plus.
- Manage and balance a teller cash drawer.
- Able to present a positive and professional image to all members and employees.
- Think outside the box to solve unusual customer issues while maintaining credit union security and keeping mindful of exposure to loss or fraud.
- Able to multi-task and at times work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be a team player; back up and help out others during peak times.
A high school diploma, GED or equivalent business experience. Some college coursework preferred.
Cash handling, customer service, sales or team environment experience is required. Bank teller or credit union experience preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is an hourly, non-exempt position. Pay is competitive and dependent on experience and includes a bonus incentive program. Full benefits package including medical, dental and more.
How to Apply:
We look forward to reviewing your cover letter, resume, and compensation history at Careers@SnoCope.org Please specify in your cover letter the site, organization or person from whom you learned of this position. Qualified candidates will receive additional application information.
SnoCope is an equal opportunity employer.
Go to main navigation