SnoCope Credit Union is a growing, local, not for profit, financial cooperative owned and operated by our members. To become a member, you simply need to live, work, worship, or attend school in Washington state and, if you have a family member that is currently a member, you too can join by affiliation.
Established in 1959, with an current asset size of $73 million plus and over 6300 members, SnoCope Credit Union originated to serve the financial needs of members in Snohomish County city and government employment and today embraces a much broader membership that encompasses Snohomish, Skagit and King Counties, Eastern WA, and many legacy out of state members. State chartered in 2012, SnoCope continues to evolve to meet the growing financial needs of a diverse and active membership while simultaneously retaining generations of families who are loyal members.
SnoCope Credit Union provides a broad range of competitive financial products and services that include: mobile, 24/7 online, and telephone banking in addition to the CO-OP fee free Shared Branching Network composed of 5000+ partnering credit union affiliates with additional financial services in some foreign countries, as well as, the CO-OP ATM Network which provides over 30,000 fee free ATMs nationwide.
We take pride in our member service, and are known for our informal, professional work environment welcoming to both members and employees. We have highly capable, valued employees who enjoy working with each other and are very good at taking care of our members’ financial service needs.
SnoCope Annual Report 2020 pages 1&2 click here.
Your Financial Resource for Life
1. We exist solely to serve our membership and meet their financial needs with savings products that earn higher dividends, and loan rates that are lower and more reasonable, with fewer or lower fees, or no fees at all. For us, it is about service to our membership and about returning profits to members. Additionally, we offer value added services like insurance and consumer protection products, free financial literacy information and credit counseling, as well as, financial wellness programs so members and the community can be beneficially informed.
2. Our Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee are all volunteers. They are not paid a salary and they do not receive bonuses. For them, it’s all about service to the membership and they, like the staff and CEO, are members too. Through volunteerism they effectively help keep SnoCope operating costs lower.
3. We work cooperatively with other credit unions. This spirit of cooperation is evident in our product offerings. As part of the CO-OP Shared Branching Network and the CO-OP ATM Network SnoCope provides 24-7 nationwide access to over 5000+ partnering credit unions where members can walk in and transact fee free on their SnoCope accounts or access over 30,000 fee free ATMs nationwide. Because of this spirit of cooperation, SnoCope like other credit unions, shares branch resources keeping operation costs low across the industry.
4. SnoCope also participates actively in our community through fundraising efforts and financial literacy initiatives. Winner of the Washington State Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Community Service Award and the Desjardins Adult Financial Education Award in 2016, SnoCope Credit Union reflects the National Credit Union Association’s mission of “people helping people.”
5. In the spirit of cooperation, we also belong to the National Credit Union Association for WA, OR, and ID and other national credit union organizations (like Credit Union National Association - CUNA) so we can share resources, benefit from best practices, and gather at educational conferences, to compete more effectively with banks. We are NCUA insured.Go to main navigation